Christmas is only days away and we’ve been getting into the festive spirit this week by whipping up some delicious festive recipes! We know how easy it is to let your diet slip over this period, especially your protein intake, which can impact your training performance and recovery and also lead to increased hunger and over-eating.
But we're coming to the rescue with two delicious high protein festive recipes that we know you’ll love. Our Choc-Cinnamon Scroll Smoothie and Gingerbread Protein Cookies are the perfect go-to when you’re looking for a nutritious snack over the Christmas break that will help you get a tasty hit of protein.
Both of these recipes feature our CMBT Reload™ Protein Powder which is an 100% organic and natural, plant-based protein blend that's derived completely from wholefoods. Designed for those seeking the highest quality, low-calorie protein powder with all the extras, CMBT Reload™ contains our complete 4-stage blend of organic, plant-based protein sources along with additional ingredients to reduce inflammation, promote gut health, boost energy production, and optimise hydration. Find out more about our CMBT Reload™ Protein Powder here.
Now, let's get into the recipes!
CHOC-CINNAMON SCROLL SMOOTHIE
‘Tis the season to put a festive twist on your regular protein shake! Perfect for refuelling post-training or just as a tasty breakfast on the go, this festive smoothie takes only a few moments to throw together and tastes amazing.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 scoop CMBT Reload™ Protein Protein - chocolate flavour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Simply blend and you’re ready to go! Adjust the consistency by adding more milk if needed.
GINGERBREAD PROTEIN COOKIES
Who can resist the sweet smell of gingerbread? Not us! It’s a classic Christmas favourite, so we decided to come up with a version that’s healthier and full of protein so you can enjoy a guilt-free Christmas treat to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 160g almond meal
- 90g CMBT Reload™ Protein Powder - vanilla flavour
- 2 egg whites
- 50ml melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 80g dried dates
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 tbsp gingerbread spice mix
Note: If you don’t have gingerbread spice mix, you can easily make this at home. Simply combine the following ingredients:
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
This will make up the perfect amount for the recipe - double the ingredients if you want to save some for other Christmas baking.
- Add dry ingredients (almond flour, CMBT Reload™ Protein Powder, dates, baking powder and gingerbread spice mix) to a food processor and blend.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and blend again until the mixture forms a dough.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper. A thinner dough will create a more crunchy cookie, and a thicker dough will create a softer consistency.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take out the dough and cut out your cookies, placing them on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 150 degrees Celcius or until golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool, then decorate as you like!
We hope you enjoy the recipes! As always, we would love to see your creations! Snap a pic share them with us @cmbtnutrition!
Merry Christmas CMBT family!