In celebration of World Baking Day we took to the kitchen to deliver a protein packed banana bread. What’s better than the sweet, comforting scent of freshly baked banana bread wafting through the house? Mmmmm...not much! We thought we’d jump on the baking bandwagon and put our own twist on the traditional with a healthy, protein-packed alternative. This recipe is super tasty and everyone can enjoy a slice!
So grab your apron and slip on your oven mitts, because this is one healthy treat you won’t be able to resist!
Pro Tip: Don’t be alarmed if your banana bread is slightly yellow in colour. This is simply due to the Curcumin in Reload, which provides you with fantastic anti-inflammatory benefits!
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup Reload (Vanilla or Salted Caramel)
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 egg (or use flax eggs as a substitute)
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Maple syrup to taste
- Nuts / coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mash bananas in a bowl until they create a thick, pudding-like consistency.
- Mix the wet ingredients in with the bananas and stir well.
- Fold in dry ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a lined loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.