To celebrate World Chocolate Day, we’re sharing one of our favourite decadent chocolate recipes with you - our Wholefood Choc Protein Brownies!
What better way to treat yourself after a hard training session than indulging in a delicious, fudgy chocolate brownie that’s high in protein? It may sound too good to be true, but we’ve created an unbeatable brownie recipe using natural ingredients that are packed full of nutrients to refuel your body and kickstart your recovery.
The star of the show is of course our chocolate flavoured Reload Plant Based Recovery Protein. It’s a 100% organic and natural, plant-based protein blend that's derived completely from wholefoods with the added benefit of curcumin for inflammation, electrolytes for hydration, probiotics for gut health & immune function, plus more!
This recipe gets its kick of sweetness from bananas and maple syrup. The trick here is to use overripe bananas because they’re sweeter and softer, which is essential for them to blend smoothly into the batter. If your bananas aren’t ripe enough and you simply can’t wait to try out this recipe, try heating them in the oven at 150 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until they go brown.
If you haven’t tried it before, then you’re probably not aware that adding avocado into chocolate desserts works like a treat. This unlikely ingredient is crucial to creating that rich, fudgy texture that makes the perfect brownie, while also providing your body with good fats and fibre. Additionally, cocoa is a rich source of flavanols, which have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
Let's get into the recipe!
- 140g avocado
- 140g ripe banana
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (more if your bananas are not sweet)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 + 1/2 scoop chocolate CMBT Reload Protein
- 4 tbsp LSA (or 3 eggs)
- 1/2 cup hot water or warm dairy-free milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celcius.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking tray with baking paper and spray with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, steep your LSA in hot water or warmed dairy-free milk to create a texture similar to a ‘flax egg’. This should take about 3 minutes.
- In a blender add your avocado, ripe banana, LSA mixture and maple syrup and blend until completely smooth.
- In a mixing bowl add your dry ingredients - cocoa, CMBT Reload Protein and baking soda - and stir to combine.
- Mix your banana and avo mixture with your dry ingredients. Here you can add in your coconut oil if you’d like an even fudgier texture.
- Once combined, this is your chance to put your personal touch into these wholefood brownies. You can add vegan chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, seeds, peanut butter swirl or just leave them plain. We topped ours with a roughly chopped BSKT Wholefoods Chocolate Block once in the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely and then cute into 6 brownies. These brownies are super fudgy in texture, so are best eaten once cooled in the fridge.
Makes 6 servings
Per serve: 216 calories - 10.8g protein, 20.9g carbs, 10.5g fat, 4.2g fibre
If you’re looking for a high quality protein powder that tastes delicious and has added health benefits, our Reload Plant Based Recovery Protein is the one for you. Get 20% off when you use the code ‘CHOCDAY20’. Offer ends Sunday 9th July at midnight. Click here to shop now.