We’re getting into the festive spirit this week by whipping up some incredibly tasty Christmas-inspired recipes! Even the best of us can’t go past some delicious Christmas baking, but completely neglecting all nutrition over the break can quickly undo your progress in the gym and make your first session back feel like you’re at square one all over again. So how do you maintain a balance without feeling as though you’re missing out?
Our solution: protein-packed Christmas treats of course! Coming to the rescue, we’ve got two delicious festive recipes lined up that we know you’ll love. Our Choc-Cinnamon Smoothie and Gingerbread Cookies are the perfect go-to when you’re looking for a nutritious snack over the holiday period.
Using our CMBT RELOAD protein formula, not only do these recipes make for a delicious snack to recharge after a training session, but our 4 stage recovery system means that they’re packed with a range of nutrients to support your overall health as well. Formulated with our elite Plant Protein Blend, Gut Health Blend, Anti-Inflammatory Blend and Electrolyte Blend, these recipes are a great healthy substitute alternative that won’t leave you with a sugar crash later on!
Click here to learn more about CMBT RELOAD.
Choc-Cinnamon Scroll Smoothie
‘Tis the season to shake up your regular protein smoothie! Great to refuel post-training or as a tasty breakfast on the go, this festive smoothie takes only a few moments to throw together and tastes amazing. All you need is:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 scoop CMBT RELOAD (Chocolate)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup almond milk
Simply blend and you’re ready to go! Adjust the consistency by adding more milk if needed.
Who can resist the sweet smell of spiced gingerbread? Not us! It’s a classic Christmas favourite, so we decided to come up with a version that’s healthy and full of protein so you can enjoy a clean Christmas treat to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 160g almond meal
- 90g CMBT RELOAD (Vanilla)
- 2 egg whites
- 50 mL melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 80g dried dates
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp gingerbread spice mix
Cooking Tip: If you don’t have gingerbread spice mix, you can easily make this at home! Simply combine the following ingredients:
- 1½ tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground Cardamom
- ½ tsp Ground Allspice
This will make up the perfect amount for the recipe - double the ingredients if you want to save some for other Christmas baking.
- Add dry ingredients (almond flour, CMBT RELOAD, dates, baking powder and gingerbread spice mix) to a food processor and blend.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and blend again until the mixture forms a dough.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper. A thinner dough will create a more crunchy cookie, and a thicker dough will create a more tender consistency.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Take out the dough and cut out your cookies, placing them on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 150 degrees Celcius or until golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool, then decorate as you like!
As always, we would love to see your creations! Snap a pic share them with us @cmbtnutrition.
Merry Christmas and enjoy!