You may be on track at mealtimes, but it’s the late morning or mid-afternoon lull that can trip up even the best of us when it comes to healthy eating. Those small jabs of hunger start to set in and your energy levels start to fade fast. At this point, getting your hands on anything to eat is the goal! And if you don’t have something prepared, this is where you can stumble.
Processed foods like chips or biscuits are easy to grab on the go, but unhealthy snacks will not leave you feeling energised or satisfied. Instead, whip up a batch of these choc protein balls in three easy steps! If you’re craving something sweet to get you through, these choc protein balls will curb your appetite and give you a much-needed boost of energy to help keep you focused and productive until your next meal.
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 scoops Reload (chocolate)
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 Medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Almond meal or desiccated coconut (to coat)
- Finely chop almonds, coconut, cacao nibs and dates in a food processor.
- Add Reload, peanut butter, vanilla extract, sea salt, cacao powder, shredded coconut and coconut oil and process until the mixture begins to form clumps. If it is too dry, add a little almond milk or water.
- Roll mixture into balls and coat in almond meal or desiccated coconut.